Signed in as:
NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
40k-45k per annum
Are you interested in issues such as environmental rights, wildlife & conservation, biodiversity or the blue economy, animal rights or human rights and want an impactful role as a Senior Solicitor?
We are seeking an ambitious & experienced UK-qualified solicitor to join our client who is a young, purpose-driven law firm. You will have existing experience in any of the following areas: (a) public law, (b) judicial reviews, (c) strategic litigation, (d) regulatory laws / compliance, (e) statutory liability or criminal law.
You will assist with the delivery of the firm’s strategy and goals, be confident in building client relationships, developing creative
casework strategies and managing a caseload. You will be able to communicate at many levels and have the experience of building and leading teams. Primary duties and responsibilities include:
Casework and litigation
● Conduct strategic, complex and sometimes high-profile litigation on behalf of individuals and organisations
● Develop and maintain networks to proactively generate work for yourself and other members of the team
● Develop creative and innovative casework strategies
● Provide authoritative advice and information to organisations and others, including sometimes delivering training, public speaking and contributing to publications
● Maintain a caseload of a reasonable size and meet targets
● Supervising members of the legal team
● Ensure direct reports either meet their own targets and development objectives, or manage their performance for improvement
● Develop, maintain and disseminate information relating to the work done by the firm
● Undertake general administration and word-processing in connection with your own work
● Monitor own financial performance, ensuring adequate funding of cases, timely progression of billing etc
● Represent the firm at meetings and other fora, including internationally
● Undertake other tasks appropriate to the role as required
Occasional travel or overtime may be involved. The role is open only to those with Right to Work status in the UK. Solicitors currently in legal organisations, NGOs, the non-profit sector or government departments are also ideal candidates. To be successful in this role, you must have a desire to see yourself as fundamental to making an impact to society through your role.
The role will start on a remote basis, but is likely to turn into a full office or hybrid role based out of London in due course.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.